Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Letter from the LORD (article)

(This "note" is derived from July 10th's entry in a devotional book called "Abundant Life" 
written by Nancy Guthrie and published in 2011 by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. 
in Carol Stream, Illinois.  I simply paraphrased the words.)




Psalm 139: 16-17 
(New Living Translation)

You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
How precious are your thoughts about me, Oh LORD!
They cannot be numbered!
------------

My Dearest Child,

Since the moment you were conceived, you have been on my heart, in my mind, and a part of my very soul. I gave you free choice to make decisions in your life, but I knew all along what choices you would make. I have always had a plan for your life. You see, your life is not just a "coincidence."

Please be comforted in knowing that MY PLANS for YOUR LIFE are very specific and complete. You don't have to be filled with fear about the future, because I will be there with you to walk you through it. You don't have to be filled with regret over the past, because I have forgiven it. NOTHING that has happened, is happening now, or will happen in the future is beyond my sovereign control. My plans for your life are for your ultimate good, even when it doesn't seem like there is any plan in place at all.

When life seems good, I suppose it's easy for you to rejoice in the fact that I planned things that way. But when tragedy strikes, when your life is forever changed by one loss after another, when you are tortured by memories of what has happened to you, or when you are consumed with worry about what may happen in the future, you may wonder if all of these things are part of my "plan" for your life. Has there been some terrible mistake? Have I forgotten about you?

No, I could not forget you any more than any parent could forget his or her child. Please let me help you let go of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Put them in MY HANDS. I AM SAFE TO TRUST. I know what is best for you. And I will NEVER leave you or forsake you!

With all my love, FOREVER AND EVER,

יהוה

(The LORD)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!